After a strange 2017 for the UFC—we enter into 2018 cautiously optimistic. The UFC has two PPV’s to start the year off with 220 and 221 that should excite and delight the fans. We may even have a Conor McGregor sighting in the octagon before the end of the year.
One element 2017 highlighted in the UFC is the difficulty of retaining a UFC title. Only four UFC champions; Conor, Tyron Woodley, Demetrious Johnson, and Amanda Nunes will start 2018 with the title they started 2017 with.
I am predicting more chaos at the top again this year as every UFC champion faces several dangerous threats to their reigns.
But, that is hardly a bold prediction and that is what we are here for. Let us start with the mega-star Conor McGregor.
1. Conor will fight in the UFC and his opponent will be GSP.
2. Now, I also predict that Conor will KO GSP in their fight.
3. Conor will also vacated the lightweight title. In doing so, he will set up a fight between Khabib Nurmagomedov and Tony Ferguson for the really real official lightweight title. Conor then fights the winner of that fight at UFC 232 regaining the lightweight title.
4. Look for Amanda Nunes to join the ranks of two-weight division champions in the UFC when she defeats Cyborg in 2018.
5. The UFC will have enough female featherweights to finally create a rankings page on their site.
6. Nate Diaz will fight Floyd Mayweather in the octagon under special rules. This will make people even more nostalgic for Pride.
7. Miesha Tate will return to the octagon after giving birth. She will comeback for one last fight against her arch-nemesis Ronda Rousey at UFC 232.
8. Khabib will wrestle the bear from The Revenant in a special exhibition.
9. T.J. Dillashaw, Cody Garbrandt, Demetrious Johnson, and Dominick Cruz will form a boy-band, and Urijah Faber will be their manager.
10. Al Iaquinta will sell Dana White a house.
11. Stipe Miocic KO’s Francis Ngannou in the first round.
12. Stipe will also fight two more times winning them both by first KO’s.
13. After watching Wolverine, Mike Perry will change his nickname to Adamantium.
14. Jon Jones will not fail a drug test.
15. Jones will return to the octagon only to be defeated by the new champion Volkan Oezdemir.
16. Yes, Oezdemir will KO Daniel Cormier to capture the title.
17. Demetrious Johnson will use a flying-somersaulting-rear-naked-choke to defeat T.J. Thus, settling who is the lead singer for their boy-band. Their name will officially become Mighty Mouse and the Bantams.
18. The UFC will have its first tag-team match when Rose Namajunas and Pat Barry take on Ronda Rousey and Travis Browne.
19. Cowboy Cerrone will take the year off to sit and meditate.
20. Khabib will challenge Cub Swanson only to rescind the challenge when he realizes Cub is a human being and not a bear.
21. Francis Ngannou will join Team Alpha Male. This move will increase their average height by a full inch and their average weight by 10 pounds.
22. Through the use of CGI Conor will fight himself sending Dana into a orgasmic frenzy at the thought of the PPV possibilities.
23. Mark Hunt and Dana White will start a podcast together. Their first guest will be Brock Lesnar.
24. Every single fighter makes weight for every single fight in the UFC.