When it comes to the short history of Invicta FC, we’ve seen so many great fighters come and go. In most cases this would cripple an organization – put them out of business. Fortunately, for fans of WMMA and just good old fashioned MMA, Shannon Knapp and Julie Kedzie just aren’t going to let that happen under their watch.
Invicta FC 16 proved that this is a promotion that is hell bent on delivering the best of the best when it comes to the toughest women in the world leaving everything they have in the cage night in and night out. Just like any other fan, I’ve watched a lot of fight cards this year and so far this would be the most complete card of the year for my money and I can say that without hesitation.
In the video at the top of the page, TJ De Santis and Julie Kedzie will give you a quick recap with a nice little highlight package to boot. Below, you’ll find the quick results for last night’s event from the Trinidad Pavilion at the Tropicana Las Vegas. Most importantly, if you’re a fan of mixed martial arts and Invicta FC, I urge to give the latest episode of TLFMMA a listen.
Invicta FC 16 Results
• Atomweight Title Bout: Ayaka Hamasaki (13-1) (c) defeats Amber Brown (6-2) via submission (armbar) – Round 3, 2:52
• Flyweight Title Bout (Interim): Jennifer Maia (13-4-1) defeats Vanessa Porto (18-7) via UD (49-46, 48-47 x 2)
• Strawweight Bout: Angela Hill (4-2) defeats Stephanie Eggink (4-3) via TKO (punches) – Round 2, 2:36
• Bantamweight Bout: Irene Aldana (6-2) defeats Jessamyn Duke (3-4) via TKO (punches) – Round 1, 3:08
• Flyweight Bout: Roxanne Modafferi (19-12) defeats DeAnna Bennett (8-2) via Split Decision (29-28, 28-29, 29-28)
• Atomweight Bout: Jinh Yu Frey (5-1) defeats Herica Tiburcio (9-4) via UD (30-27 x 2, 29-28)
• Flyweight Bout: Sarah D’Alelio (9-6) defeats Andrea Lee (4-2) via submission (RNC) – Round 3, 4:21
• Bantamweight Bout: Aspen Ladd (3-0) defeats Kelly McGill (2-1) via TKO (strikes) – Round 3, 1:47
• Strawweight Bout: Ashley Greenway (1-0) defeats Sarah Click (0-1) via UD (30-26, 29-28 x 2)
cover image via Esther Lin/Invicta FC