Here’s your professional wrestling news and rumors update for today, March 24, 2017.
• Here’s Kyle O’Reilly’s dates for Evolve. Whether or not he stays with Evolve or goes to NXT beyond these dates is unknown. Triple H spoke very highly about O’Reilly on a recent conference call for NXT TakeOver: Orlando.
4/22 v. Keith Lee (Evolve 82, Queens, NY)
4/23 v. Fred Yehi (Evolve 83, Brooklyn, NY)
5/20 v. Matt Riddle (Evolve 84, Summit, IL)
5/21 v. TBA (Evolve 85, Livonia, MI)
• Due to popular demand, Ring of Honor’s Supercard of Honor XI card will be available for purchase via Fite TV and iPPV on their website. This card features a main event ladder match between The Hardys and The Young Bucks, Christopher Daniels defending his title against Dalton Castle, Cody versus Jay Lethal in a Texas Bullrope match and ‘The Villain’ Marty Scurll defending his TV title against Adam Cole.
• WWE will visit Joe Louis Arena one last time before it’s demolished for a house show. The show is scheduled for July 29th and will feature the Smackdown roster. Tickets are on sale now. As of this writing, this is the last show on the docket for the arena following a crucial Hall and Oates show.
• Kane has been off WWE programming of late due to a recent push to run for Mayor in Knox Co., TN.
• Aside from obvious picks like Naomi, Kelly Kelly and Eva Marie – expect at least two major surprises to show up in the Smackdown Women’s Championship match at WrestleMania 33 if they don’t leak out before hand.
• While no one is holding their breath on Shaq versus Big Show actually taking place, it’s still not completely off the cards.
• If WWE does purchase Ring of Honor – it’s being discussed that they will feature their weekly show on the Network – at least to begin with.
• Finn Balor is due to return full time during WrestleMania weekend. As of now it’s more likely that he will be reintroduced to fans in a big way on RAW and will receive a monster push similar to the one he received before he was injured. WWE is still extremely high on Balor.
• WWE did want to book UFC megastar Conor McGregor for WrestleMania but they were not able to come up with the right price tag. (Cageside Seats)