With WrestleMania 33 just one sleep away, it’s time to take a look at the latest news out of Orlando.
• Jim Ross will have a major role at WrestleMania 33. It’s being reported that he will do play-by-play for at least one match. This deal was said to be in the works before Ross’ wife tragically passed late last month after a motor vehicle accident.
• Mauro Ranallo will not be working WrestleMania. Ranallo’s recent absence has been a result of dealing with mental health issues and we of course wish him the best.
• That Network exclusive Women’s Tournament that WWE has been teasing for a while now – it’s happening. Triple H, Stephanie McMahon and WWE’s three current women’s champions, Alexa Bliss, Asuka and Bayley announced the news earlier today in Orlando. The tourney will take place this summer and will feature 32 women respresenting 17 different countries.
• As of this writing, Roman Reigns versus Undertaker is still set to main event WrestleMania 33.
• Goldberg announced that he will be “taking time off to reflect” after WrestleMania 33. This comes just days after the current Universal Champion revealed that he’s been “miserable” during his most recent stint with WWE.
• Here’s a look at the finalized WrestleMania 33 set in Orlando via your hosts – The New Day:
— WWE (@WWE) April 1, 2017
• Shelton Benjamin has been cleared to return and by all accounts should be back at either WrestleMania or the RAW or Smackdown after Mania.